In honor of National Taco Day (yes, this is a legit holiday in the U.S) a list of restaurants recommended by locals that serve top tacos around the globe.
- Big Star– Chicago local (and foodie) Patrick is constantly searching for a taco joint better than Big Star. In the summer, you’ll be hard pressed to find an empty table on the patio at this Wicker Park hot spot.
- Vatos Urban Tacos – In Seoul, South Korea. Go here because decent Mexican food is hard to come by in Korea and this is the best.
- Hapa J’s – A Taco Tuesday hot spot in San Clemente, California! On Tuesdays only, they serve extra large, delicious tacos. Their cuisine is Asian fusion, with Hawaiian and American options as well.
- Radio Coffee– Random, we know, but Austin local Katie swears by their breakfast tacos. Their coffee ain’t so bad either 😉
- City Taco – The best street tacos in San Diego. City Taco is in the heart of North Park. Says local, Micah, “I’m drooling just thinking about it.”
- Mission Taco– In St. Louis, Missouri, a must-visit if you’re a taco lover and especially if you prefer this Mexican dish in the street taco style. Local Amy recommends the portobello mushroom tacos.
- James Beach– The best fish taco in Los Angeles, according to L.A. local, Matt (and Jason Siegel in “I Love You Man”). If you’re closer to DTLA, check out the pork belly tacos at The Stocking Frame, and if you’re near Tarzana, don’t miss the classic Mexican tacos at Sol y Luna.
- Hola Arepa: Ok, so it’s not a taco, but this food truck turned restaurant in Minneapolis serves arepas, which local, Liz asserts “are basically corn cake tacos”.
- Blanco Tacos + Tequila– A modern Mexican restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona that has the best jalapeño margarita, plus delicious fish tacos and award winning guacamole. By the folks at Fox Restaurant Concepts (who also operate True Food Kitchen and North Italia).
- LoneStar – If you ever find yourself in the Allston Brighton area of Boston, this dive is a can’t-miss experience. Unbelievable Mescal and Tequila cocktails, tacos and delicious street corn. Their sister bar, Deep Ellum, is just next door and is worth a stop before you leave the neighborhood. They have a deluxe whiskey list complete with an array of manhattans and old fashioneds from different eras. Cheers!
What’s your favorite taco joint? Tell us in the comments below- we’d love to add to our Top Tacos Around the Globe list!